Re: HDA Realtek ALC882: no mic

According to your info on pastebin, you are specifying model=w2jc, when your subsystem ID indicates it should be an asus_a7m.   Try removing any "option snd_hda_intel model=" lines from /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.d/* files and reboot.  See if that fixes the issue.  If not, your system may have been added after 1.0.16 (but I'm doubting it).

Tobin

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 18:41 +0100, Fabrice DELENTE wrote:
On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 09:12:58AM -0800, Tobin Davis wrote:
> In alsamixer, the opening screen is for output controls.  If this is
> where you are adjusting the mic volume, it is just the loopback mixer,
> which sends the mic input back through the speakers.  Press tab to
> select the input controls, and adjust the mic there.  Press <space> to
> select the mic as the capture source.  If that doesn't work, please
> download and run
> http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh and post back
> the link on pastebin that it generates.

I have ran alsa-info.sh, the result is at

http://pastebin.ca/932307

I had tried switching the mic on with alsamixer, but in the capture section,
I have three input sources, in each of which I can choose between Mic, Front
Mic, and Line. Both Mic and Front Mic don't give anything.

Thanks for the help.

-- Tobin Davis

To kick or not to kick...
	-- Somewhere on IRC, inspired by Shakespeare