Re: el cheapo soundcard search

Hallo,
Bill Unruh hat gesagt: // Bill Unruh wrote:

> I am glad you can read his mind. What I am trying to emphasise is that he
> should tell us what he is trying to do, rather than telling us his
> solution. 6-8 outputs is rare in a cheap soundcard. Why does he need them?
> And why is he specifying 48-24? It may be that that is what he really
> needs. It is also possible that he is guessing.
>   I do not think either of us knows without him telling us.

Yes, you're right with that. I just wanted to emphasize that more than
two outputs and a samplerate of 48kHz are indeed pretty common
requirements. 24bits may be not, so I didn't comment on that part in
your mail.

Anyway I think it's best if people ask for Linux support in a concrete
soundcard model, they are interested in. Nobody her can or likes to do
market research for potential buyers. So in a perfect world questions
would be asked like this:

  I checked www.webshop-with-lots-of-soundcards-for-sale.com and am
  interested in the Lunatic Goldium 5.1 or the Roundblaster Y-Fi
  cards, because they fit my budget and technical requirements. Are
  these cards supported in ALSA?

Then one could just answer yes or no.

Ciao