Re: Getting a driver to support alsa natively

On Jan 5, 2008 4:37 PM, Adrian McMenamin <lkmladrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apologies for the cross-posting, but I haven't had a clear answer (or
> any answer) to this in nearly a week of asking, and I see at least one
> other person cross compiling a driver they've written seems to having
> the same issue, so I want to try to get some answers.

The missing config file is NOT THE PROBLEM.  The problem is almost
certainly that your cross compile was not correct and it's looking for
the DEVICE INDEPENDENT config files in the wrong place.

I posted a solution to alsa-devel over a year ago.  If you can't find
it you need to look harder.  Search for something like alsa-devel
cross compile problems.

You also need to find some way to confirm or deny that alsa-lib is
trying to open the right files.

Lee