Re: Why won't this card work?

On 04/01/2008, Erik Slagter <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>
> >> Please try "aplay -Dhw0,0 file" the device syntax is mandatory afaik. If
> >> that works you can start building a proper alsa config file with all
> >> kinds of useful stuff on top of that.
> >
> > Does this
> >
> > $ aplay -Dhw0,0 /aine-email.wav
> > ALSA lib pcm.c:2144:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM hw0,0
> > aplay: main:545: audio open error: No such file or directory
>
> It looks like you lack the default alsa definitions. Do you have a
> /etc/alsa directory containing a valid alsa.conf file and cards, pcm
> directories?

The directory exists and there are files and appropriate
subdirectories in it. But I have never written any definitions for
this card (I am the author of the module and so it would fall to me, I
guess). alsaconf reports no compatible files found.

I can find no documentation as to how to right a file for my device
either (but maybe somebody could point to where I can find it)