Re: Cannot open shared library libasound_module_pcm_empty.so

Around about 20/12/07 17:34, John Haxby typed ...
> On my properly functioning F7 box here I don't have that file -- in fact
> the only thing in /usr/lib/alsa-lib or /usr/lib64/alsa-lib is an
> "smixer" directory containing some libraries.

   Ditto :-/

> I would guess that there's something odd in your ~/.asoundrc file.   You
> could try just removing it.

   I did try that, and what looked like a system one.  Hmm.  There is an
/etc/alsa/smixer.conf I can test, but I'm not hopeful.

   I have to assume that some part of alsa lib is reading an old config
file, or not finding a file that should be there, and some option is null,
producing "empty" and it's blindly trying to find that plugin.

   But I'll be stuffed if I can trace where that strings gets into the system.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature