Re: Suzuki Hp-55 dijital piano with ALSA USB MIDI

Hi;

17 Ara 2007 Pts tarihinde, Clemens Ladisch şunları yazmıştı:
> S.Çağlar Onur wrote:
> > I'm using ALSA 1.0.15 on 2.6.18. The MIDI device is detected and the
> > needed modules hotplugs itself as soon as i plug the cable, but I'm not
> > getting any data via the raw MIDI port or sequencer ports. Here is the
> > output from dmesg when plugging the device:
> >
> > usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 7
>
> The USB Audio specification does not allow low speed USB MIDI devices
> because MIDI transfer must use USB bulk transers, but bulk transfers do
> not exist in low speed mode.  The 1.0.15 driver has a workaround to
> change the transfer type to interrupt transfers, ...
>
> > ALSA usb/usbmidi.c:170: usb_submit_urb: -22
>
> ... but it seems your kernel does not allow interrupt transfers on bulk
> endpoints.
>
> Try a different kernel.

Thanks for the pointer :), i tried 2.6.24-rc5 and it works fine, so i
backported needed bits to 2.6.18 and everything works as expected.

> HTH
> Clemens

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!