Suzuki Hp-55 dijital piano with ALSA USB MIDI

Hi;

I'm having some troubles getting my digital piano working via USB with my
laptop (it works fine in Windows, so i'm sure hardware is OK).

I'm using ALSA 1.0.15 on 2.6.18. The MIDI device is detected and the needed
modules hotplugs itself as soon as i plug the cable, but I'm not getting any
data via the raw MIDI port or sequencer ports. Here is the output from dmesg
when plugging the device:

[...]
usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 7
usb 2-1: new device found, idVendor=2702, idProduct=05e1
usb 2-1: new device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 2-1: Product: Huaxin USB-MIDI
usb 2-1: Manufacturer: Huaxin
ALSA usb/usbmidi.c:170: usb_submit_urb: -22
[...]

The last line (ALSA usb/usbmidi.c:170: usb_submit_urb: -22) floods dmesg if i
try to play a mid file using detected device with kmid or rosegarden.

caglar@zangetsu ~ $ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xd6400000 irq 82
 1 [USBMIDI        ]: USB-Audio - Huaxin USB-MIDI
                      Huaxin Huaxin USB-MIDI at usb-0000:00:1d.0-1, low speed
caglar@zangetsu ~ $ cat /proc/asound/card1/midi0
Huaxin USB-MIDI

Output 0
  Tx bytes     : 0
Input 0
  Rx bytes     : 0

If needed you can also find /proc/bus/usb/devices and lsusb -v outputs from
[1]

If anyone has any tips on how to get this working, i would really
appreciate it. And if anything else needed please just say it :)

[1] http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/alsa/

Cheers!
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!