Re: nobody using snd-usb-audio here, I am getting crazy.

kevin liu wrote:
>> ALSA_CARD tells alsa to use that card # as the default.
>>
>> So in your case you want to set
>>
>> ALSA_CARD=1
>>

>     But I think I should not assign a static ALSA_CARD number in a
> usrspace script.
>     Before I plug my usb audio device, ALSA_CARD 1 is not present, so
> I can only give application such as aplay or mplayer options to tell
> them which alsa sound device it should use, I have a problem here:
>     When I cat /proc/asound/cards:
> kevin@ubuntukevin:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
> 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>                      HDA Intel at 0xcddf8000 irq 16
> 1 [Controlle      ]: USB-Audio - USB 2.0 Video Capture Controlle
>                      Syntek Semiconductor USB 2.0 Video Capture
>     But when I run aplay -l:
> kevin@ubuntukevin:~$ aplay -l
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CMI9880 [CMI9880]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: CMI9880 Digital [CMI9880 Digital]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Please copy the list; there's more wisdom there than I can provide.

>    I can not get any information about the second sound card.
>    So when I give asound player device options to sound card 1, it
> just complaint that device is not present.
> Is this a bug of aplay?

I'm not sure; all I can tell you is that setting ALSA_CARD works for me
in setting the default card.

It is also possible that you have a .asoundrc file in your home
directory; if so you should delete it (or rename it).

That file can override any other settings you make.

--Yan