Newbie to Linux ALSA, confused by snd-usb-audio

Dear,
   I am new to Linux ALSA because I am using my sweet tv card these
days until I come to the boring sound problem.
My tv card has a standard audio stream interface, so I use
snd-usb-audio to capture tv program's audio data.
   I have an alsa sound card from INTEL which works well with my
Ubuntu Linux using the driver snd-hda-intel.
   When I plug my tv card to PC, snd-usb-audio is attached
successfully. I cat /proc/asound/cards, and I get a correct second
alsa sound card. And device nodes correctly created under /dev/snd
   But when I use mplayer to watch tv program, it just can not give me
the correct sound, I think maybe I don't give my Ubuntu a
correct configuration.
   Please help me with these issue.
   Thanks for that.