Re: "best" card for "bitperfect" SPDIF I/O with external clock sync ?

On 22-11-07 22:00, Paolo Saggese wrote:

> (what's worse is that, nevertheless, even now a good analogue system can
> still sound MUCH better than any CD: it actually takes a good SACD or
> DVD-A system to come close to the good old LP when it comes to the real
> perceived audio quality!)

If we're talking about a particularly thick LP with one song per side so as
to allow for better dynamic range than the utterly pathetic 70 dB or so of a
normal LP that is.

And, ofcourse, a turntable with motor-control with absolute world-class
stability. Particularly difficult one that...

And, ofcourse, a world-class element with a completely new needle to turn
the groove into electrical signals without distorting it.

And, ofcourse, a world-class phono-amplifier to compensate for the cowardly
dynamics of LP versus CD, certainly for anything but classic or jazz.

And, ofcourse, a completely new record. And, ofcourse... well, you get the
point.

Other than that, I agree that CD is significantly worse than SACD ;-)

Rene.