Re: RME HDSP 9652 no input or output PCMs displayed

On Nov 21, 2007 5:14 PM, Christian Schumann <schumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 04:50:30PM +0000, Chris Birkinshaw wrote:
>    When I open alsamixer I see only controls relating to the sync and sample
>    rate settings for my HDSP 9652 (of which there are about 15). This
>    includes status displays for sample rate and sync source which are working
>    correctly - when I connect SPDIF this is reflected in the display.
>    However, there are no level controls for inputs and outputs at all. If I
>    do an aplay -l, or arecord -l I get the device listed, but it has no PCMs
>    at all.
>
>    Has anyone else seen this before? The card works fine in windows.
There's a special mixer application called hdspmixer for this. It's part
of the alsa-tools package.

So I can't use alsactl and amixer to restore levels from the command line? amixer does not show any level controls either.

Do you know why there are no PCMs listed?

I wondered if it was a firmware problem, though all the messages in the groups about that are quite old and I have a recent alsa driver. It's not obvious what the current supported firmware version is. I can find 104 and 106 on the RME website, but nothing older.

Thanks,

Chris