Re: Alsa-user Digest, Vol 19, Issue 26

Bill Unruh wrote,

>Of course it is not a safe command. That is why it must be run as root. You
>have been installing and uninstalling as root I assume.
>rmmod snd-hda-intel

Well, no, being the sole user I presumed to run it from /home or, if
necessary, in sudo.  Should I start over in su?

robert@pelagius:/usr/local/src/alsa-utils-1.0.15$ ls
ABOUT-NLS     alsaconf   amidi   ChangeLog     config.rpath   configure
depcomp    include     m4           Makefile.in    po      speaker-test
version  acinclude.m4  alsactl    amixer  config.guess  config.status
configure.in  hgcompile  INSTALL     Makefile     missing        README  TODO
aclocal.m4    alsamixer  aplay   config.log    config.sub     COPYING
iecset     install-sh  Makefile.am  mkinstalldirs  seq     utils

robert@pelagius:/usr/local/src/alsa-utils-1.0.15$ ls /proc/modules
/proc/modules

robert@pelagius:/usr/local/src/alsa-utils-1.0.15$ rmmod snd-hda-intel
ERROR: Module snd_hda_intel does not exist in /proc/modules

All about sanctifusion!