Fwd: Microphone not recording properly on ALC883, Acer 3103WLMi

Well I found that when I am using runlevel 3 your solution is working
but not in runlevel 5. So I decided to reinstall Open Suse and to try
to see what is happening (are ATI drivers or something else
responsable). After basic opensuse installation (alsa 1.0.14) your
solution without model specification was working in runlevel 5 also
(great). I was than adding drivers and programs I am using. I found
that after VMware server installation recording has stop working (it
is working for few seconds and it "freeze"). so when I stop vmware
server your solution is working. I will check what vmware people say
to this but if someone knows something about this problem please let
me know. Tnx

Boris