Re: Alsa-user Digest, Vol 19, Issue 18

All about sanctifusion!
http://sanctifusion.blogspot.comOn Wednesday 14 November 2007 16:58:51 Bill
Unruh wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Robert Easter wrote:
> > Bill Unruh wrote,
> >
> >> So, the important thing is that you compiled and installed the modules.
> >> But it sounds to me like you have an older alsa. Make sure you download
> >> the latest alsa-drivers.
> >
> > If the latest alsa is what is on the distros,  that's what I got.  When
> > the
>
> Where did you get them? You have as one of your commands
> tar -xf alsa-drivers*.tar.gz
> I want to know what the * represents. YOu know or can find out what the
> actual name of that file is. That * contains the alsa version number.
>
> > internet endeavor failed, (the kmix level indicator showed  that it could
> > not find a mixer) I "installed" the latest alsa mixer by adept.

Assuming the latest supercedes other versions, my synaptic tells me the
versions installed are
(alsa-base,  alsa-utils, alsa-tools, & also-firmware-loaders) 1.0.14-1ubuntu2,
asoundconf-gtk 1.6-0ubuntu1
gamix 1.99.p14.debian1-4ubuntu1
gnome-alsamixer 0.9.7~cvs20060916.ds.1-1
qamix 0.0.7e-0ubuntu2
arts 1.5.8-0ubuntu0
esound-common 0.2.38-0ubuntu4
linux-sound-base 1.0.14-1ubuntu2