Re: SPDIF AC3 Passthrough please help before I need the padded wagon!!!

Another Sillyname wrote:
> I have three seperate machines outputting to a Sony STR-DB940 AC3 Amp
> via SPDIF (two optical one RCA).
>
> I can get all of them to output as standard ALSA devices from Fedora 7
> setups and no specific  asound.conf or asound.rc files however I
> cannot for the life of me get AC3 passthrough to work on any of them
> (using either VLC or MPLAYER).
>
> card 0: CK804 [NVidia CK804], device 0: Intel ICH [NVidia CK804]

AC3 passthrough is not supported on nVidia AC'97 controllers if the
SPDIF output is not handled by the AC'97 codec.  The controller chip
probably supports it, but we have no documentation.

What hardware are you using on the other two machines?

Regards,
Clemens