SOUND CARD there but NO SOUND...

Even i facing a problem
Suse 10.3 recognizes my Intel ICH8 family Intel card BUT Still i am unable to hear any sound.

I tried running alsaconf
and then made changes to /etc/modprobe.d/sound file BUT nothing worked.

I ran the alsamixer to check if MAster and PCM volume levels were mute .

I ran bash alsa-info.sh too and posted the URL at the forum

Can anybody plz help me with it?

I have a Dell Vostro 1400 laptop with Vista and Suse dual-boot .

Also I wanted to ask, on alsa website alsa-project.org, in the list of supported sound cards, I clicked on INTEL

ALSA had entried for ICH7 family BUT not for ICH8 family.
Does this mean this chipset has no driver support for ALSA?

Someone do configure it out for me?

THnks
GUR