Re: Two sound cards simultaneously

On 2007-09-27 10:11, Roman Rybalko wrote:
> >> Could you hlep me?;) I have two sound cards and I want hear this same sound
> >> from both. For example when I run a sound player (audacious, xmms) i want to
> >> hear sound in headphones which are pluged into sound card 0 and in speakers
> >> which are pluged into cound card 1. How can I achieve that?
> >
> > WOuld it not be easier to simply put in an output splitter to send the same
> > signal to the headphones and the speakers?
>
> but in a proof of concept, anybody knows how to do that ?

I suspect you could use Jack to split the output signal and
send it to both cards. I have no idea how to actually do
something like that and it may not be exactly in sync.

It's probably possible to use an ~/.asoundrc file to split
the output between 2 or more cards, but again, asoundrc magic
is beyond me. I'm not sure these help but it's all I could
find with a bit of Googling...

 http://alsa.opensrc.org/MultipleCards
 http://alsa.opensrc.org/MultipleUSBAudioDevices

--markc