Re: US-122 distortion

On 2007-09-25 16:09, Mark Constable wrote:
> I have a Tascam US-122 USB soundcard on a newish Abit AN-M2
> (nForce4) using both ArchLinux 64bit and Kubuntu 32bit distros
> with a 2.6.22 kernel. Onboard MCP67 (snd_hda_intel) audio seems
> fine but audio in and out the snd_usb_usx2y driver is distorted.
> I've tried nrpacks=1 which is the only tweak I could find by
> Googling. A 32bit ArchLinux install on an older machine with
> the same kernel is (always has been) just fine with this US-122
> external soundcard. I thought it may have been a 64bit problem
> but the 32bit Kubuntu install is the same so the main
> difference is the mainboard and SMP CPU.

FWIW I took the hard drive out of my old 32bit/2.6.22 kernel
system (VIA K8 / AMD2800+ uniprocessor) and put into my new
nForce4 / AMD6000+ SMP processor system and, sure enough, the
sound is now distorted. So exactly the same driver + kernel +
apps (that worked fine in my older VIA system) in a different
mainboard + CPU environment now has unusable distorted sound
out the USB soundcard.

I guess my next step is to roll a new kernel with ALSA from
CVS, and if that doesn't work, I'll try the Opensound drivers.

--markc