no sound from 10de:026c with alsa-driver-1.0.15rc2

hi,

my basic problem is that i cannot hear any sound from my medion md-96282.

the soundchip's vendor is 10de which maps to "nVidia corporation" and the device is a 026c which maps to "MCP51 High Definition Audio". the information was gathered with hwinfo --sound. this tool also revealed that the model is "Rioworks MCP51 High Definition Audio"

i have compiled and installed:
- alsa-driver-1.0.15rc2 (--with-cards=all --with-debug=detect)
- alsa-lib-1.0.15rc2
- alsa-utils-1.0.15rc1

i am using ubuntu 7.04 which includes the /etc/init.d/alsasound initscript. after running it, the module snd-hda-intel gets loaded and i can find a card under /proc/asound. unfortunatelly, there is absolutely no sound. i doublechecked the mixer and i set reasonable values for all channels. i also tried all possible models for STAC9200 (i use this because the sound-applet in gnome detects the card as such). i have downloaded a recent (rsync) version of ALSA-Configuration.txt for this purpose.

on nvidia's website, it is suggested to use module intel8x0 for earlier chips and hda-intel for later chips. however, on alsa-project.org, only the intel8x0 module is suggested. i tried the intel8x0 but it didn't detect any cards.

i don't know what my problem actually is. has anyone any ideas on this?

thanks in advance
seppel