Re: Creative EMU-1616

On 09/07/2007 01:10, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Tim Ashman wrote:
> > I've trying to find out if any drivers exist for this external audio
> > processor/sound card.  It is the PCMCIA card driven one made for a
> > laptop.  I see from alsa's website that some similar emu units show as
> > covered but not this one.
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > tim
>
> The emu1616 cardbus laptop one should work.
> It works here.
>
> James

Hmm,  I'm using SLED 10 on a Thinkpad T60.  When I insert the PC Card YAST
reports it as a SB0400 Audigy2.

When I go into finish setting up the card I pick Advanced.  I'm presented with
several options to tweak.  I haven't found any that don't cause the entire
laptop to freeze after pressing next, (which I assume is saving the settings)
There is a small muffled noise that comes from the laptop right before it
freezes.

Maybe the version of Alsa that comes with SLED isn't the most upto date.  Do
you know how I can tell the version number?

tim