Re: pb with dsnoop plugin and micronas usb chipset.

herve couvelard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are trying to use a micronas usb chipset with alsa in debian stable
> it works ok with pcm default. (record and listen perfectly), but when we
> try to use it with some dsnoop/dmix plugin, the application segfault.

ok, what we found about the micronas usb headset

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 074d:3554 Micronas GmbH

can have only 16 bit mono (one channel) with arecord and dsnoop.

when we try to set U8 or S8  format for 2 channels, the chipset refuse
to do it an the software crash.

The only think working AND with cool sound we found :

arecord -f cd -t wav -c 1 -Dplug:dsp0

with
pcm.dsp0 {
        type plug