Re: Audio Hardware for multichannel output

You might find something on the jack/freebob sites. Specifically, here's a list of devices supported on freebob:

http://freebob.sourceforge.net/index.php/List_of_Supported_Devices

it's NOT alsa though, if you must use that. If you're writing a java app, you can even use jjack to interface jack.

HOWEVER: I'm writing an application that also needs to output up to 8-10 channels, but I also need input. I though the the Terratec Phase 88 solved all my problems combined with jack/freebob, but found to my surprise that the input channels were PASSIVE! That is, unlike ordinary soundcards, you can't use ordinary headset type microphones, I need to preamplify the signal before giving it to to the Terratec rack...

So: anyone knows of any really cheap multichannel preamp? I don't need professional sound, just phone/GSM type quality.

Regards,
Helge Fredriksen