Re: ESI RoMIO 2 problem

Dnia 20-08-2007 o 17:22:27 Jonathan Stowe <jns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):
> On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 17:07 +0200, Maciej Łoziński wrote:>> Hello.>>>> First of all I'd like to say hello, because i'm new to the list, and to  >> be>> honest, to ALSA also.>> Recently I've bought a USB MIDI interface with 2 inputs and 2 outputs.  >> I'd>> like to use it in Linux, but something goes wrong with drivers. They  >> load,>> but with problems, and I can't see any MIDI device in my system. I use>> Debian 2.6.18 kernel, and ALSA 1.0.13.>>>> when I plug the interface in, I see this:>>>> #usb1-2: new low speed usb device using ohci_hcd and address 4>> usb1-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice>> unknown device speed 1>> snd-usb-audio: probe of 1-2:1.0 failed with error -5>> unknown device speed 1>> sbd-usb-audio: probe of 1-2:1.1 failed with error -5>> usbcore: registered new driver snd-usb-audio>>>>>> "$ aconnect -o" says that there is no /dev/snd/seq device. qjackctl says>> the same thing.>>>> What do I need to do to make the interface work?>>>> It probably starts with you sending the output of "lsusb -v" and the> name of the product. Also trying this with the latest release of the> alsa drivers might help....>> /J\

Thanks for reply.I haven't tried using latest drivers, but I'll do it tomorrow.Now here is what does my system return. I hope this will tell you  something more about a problem. I also can add that in "usbview" RoMI/O2  is listed red, I think that indicates a problem.
cheersMaciek
$ lsusbBus 001 Device 003: ID 0a92:1011 EGO SYStems, Inc.Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

$ lsusb -d0a92:1011 -vBus 001 Device 003: ID 0a92:1011 EGO SYStems, Inc.Device Descriptor:   bLength                18   bDescriptorType         1   bcdUSB               2.00   bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)   bDeviceSubClass         0   bDeviceProtocol         0   bMaxPacketSize0         8   idVendor           0x0a92 EGO SYStems, Inc.   idProduct          0x1011   bcdDevice            1.02   iManufacturer           1   iProduct                2   iSerial                 0   bNumConfigurations      1   Configuration Descriptor:     bLength                 9     bDescriptorType         2     wTotalLength          133     bNumInterfaces          2     bConfigurationValue     1     iConfiguration          0     bmAttributes         0x80       (Bus Powered)     MaxPower               30mA     Interface Descriptor:       bLength                 9       bDescriptorType         4       bInterfaceNumber        0       bAlternateSetting       0       bNumEndpoints           0       bInterfaceClass         1 Audio       bInterfaceSubClass      1 Control Device       bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       AudioControl Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 9         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      1 (HEADER)         bcdADC               1.00         wTotalLength            9         bInCollection           1         baInterfaceNr( 0)       1     Interface Descriptor:       bLength                 9       bDescriptorType         4       bInterfaceNumber        1       bAlternateSetting       0       bNumEndpoints           2       bInterfaceClass         1 Audio       bInterfaceSubClass      3 MIDI Streaming       bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       MIDIStreaming Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 7         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      1 (HEADER)         bcdADC               1.00         wTotalLength           97       MIDIStreaming Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 6         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      2 (MIDI_IN_JACK)         bJackType               1 Embedded         bJackID                 1         iJack                   0       MIDIStreaming Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 6         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      2 (MIDI_IN_JACK)         bJackType               1 Embedded         bJackID                 5         iJack                   0       MIDIStreaming Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 6         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      2 (MIDI_IN_JACK)         bJackType               2 External         bJackID                 2         iJack                   0       MIDIStreaming Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 6         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      2 (MIDI_IN_JACK)         bJackType               2 External         bJackID                 6         iJack                   0       MIDIStreaming Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 9         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      3 (MIDI_OUT_JACK)         bJackType               1 Embedded         bJackID                 3         bNrInputPins            1         baSourceID( 0)          2         BaSourcePin( 0)         1         iJack                   0       MIDIStreaming Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 9         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      3 (MIDI_OUT_JACK)         bJackType               1 Embedded         bJackID                 7         bNrInputPins            1         baSourceID( 0)          6         BaSourcePin( 0)         1         iJack                   0       MIDIStreaming Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 9         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      3 (MIDI_OUT_JACK)         bJackType               2 External         bJackID                 4         bNrInputPins            1         baSourceID( 0)          1         BaSourcePin( 0)         1         iJack                   0       MIDIStreaming Interface Descriptor:         bLength                 9         bDescriptorType        36         bDescriptorSubtype      3 (MIDI_OUT_JACK)         bJackType               2 External         bJackID                 8         bNrInputPins            1         baSourceID( 0)          5         BaSourcePin( 0)         1         iJack                   0       Endpoint Descriptor:         bLength                 9         bDescriptorType         5         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN         bmAttributes            2           Transfer Type            Bulk           Synch Type               None           Usage Type               Data         wMaxPacketSize     0x0004  1x 4 bytes         bInterval               0         bRefresh                0         bSynchAddress           0         MIDIStreaming Endpoint Descriptor:           bLength                 6           bDescriptorType        37           bDescriptorSubtype      1 (GENERAL)           bNumEmbMIDIJack         2           baAssocJackID( 0)       3           baAssocJackID( 1)       7       Endpoint Descriptor:         bLength                 9         bDescriptorType         5         bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT         bmAttributes            2           Transfer Type            Bulk           Synch Type               None           Usage Type               Dat         wMaxPacketSize     0x0004  1x 4 bytes         bInterval               0         bRefresh                0         bSynchAddress           0         MIDIStreaming Endpoint Descriptor:           bLength                 6           bDescriptorType        37           bDescriptorSubtype      1 (GENERAL)           bNumEmbMIDIJack         2           baAssocJackID( 0)       1           baAssocJackID( 1)       5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/_______________________________________________Alsa-user mailing listAlsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user