Re: Loading new ALSA modules

Thanks, I fixed up the symlink to point to the new version.
Unfortunately ALSA and RedHat disagree about where the libs should be
installed - /lib vs /usr/lib...

Seems like I'm closer, I was able to run alsamixer. But now aplay gives
me this strange error. I'm not sure what group its talking about. I have
write access to the devices files... Not sure I want to create a group
audio either...

brookew z: aplay testpcm1.wav
ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:1590:(snd_pcm_direct_parse_open_conf) The field
ipc_gid
must be a valid group (create group audio)
aplay: main:545: audio open error: Invalid argument

brookew z: ls /dev/snd
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root users     160 Aug 14 15:16 .
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root     4860 Aug 14 15:17 ..
crw-rw----  1 root users 116,  0 Aug 14 15:16 controlC0
crw-rw----  1 root users 116, 24 Aug 14 15:16 pcmC0D0c
crw-rw----  1 root users 116, 16 Aug 14 15:16 pcmC0D0p
crw-rw----  1 root users 116, 26 Aug 14 15:16 pcmC0D2c