Re: es18xx soundcard troubles

On 08/01/2007 04:07 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> From the various threads I've found on this, it appears that the driver
> broke sometime fairly recently, and that it may indeed work with older
> kernels.  Perhaps the fault is with the acpi system changes in recent
> kernels.

The fact that the driver finds the chip at all at least means it's a very
different problem than the problem Troy is having. I read through the things
you posted, but it looks scary and probably not any of ALSA's doing...

Yes, If you could try for example the latest 2.6.18.x and (if neccessary)
progressively further down that would probably be the best way to start
debugging it (and if it's more ACPI related, them linux-kernel would be the
right list to post results).

Rene.