Re: Getting the Tascam US-122 to work

j t wrote:
> On 7/12/07, Curtis R Anderson <gleepy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere, and I don't know what it is.
>>No documentation seems to help out here in my singular case. Anyone else
>>out there who can observe their example tell me what's up?
>

> Curtis, your instructions look fine to me, so I can't tell why your
> card isn't working. In case it's a regression/a problem caused by your
> distro, can you tell me which distro you're using (and have you
> changed its standard install much)?
>
> I use debian/ubuntu, and my us-122 works perfectly. I have a set of
> setup instructions that I'm happy to post, but they wouldn't tell you
> much more than you already know.

I traced the loader problem to a misnamed udev rule. Once the device
file was created in /dev/snd where it belonged, after the load
completed, I was greeted with the "USB" light turning on and the "SIG"
LED responded to input on the mic.

That's all the farther I got.

When attempting the command "arecord -D hw:1 -f cd > test.wav" the
"arecord" process would lock up to the point that I had to restart the
computer with the reset button. THERE WAS NO WAY TO KILL THE PROCESS.

> Oh, one last question: have you put the alsa firmware (for the tascam)
> somewhere that both fxload and usx2yloader than find it?

It looked good to me.
--
Curtis R. Anderson, Co-creator of "Gleepy the Hen", still
"In Heaven there is no beer / That's why we drink it here ..."