Re: updated kernel leaves me without sound! : Ubuntu 7.04

Hi again.

I have now established that this last error was because I had an added
option on the ./configure command, which was producing an error at
that stage which I hadn't seen.  I now am using only the option
--with-oss=yes and am consistently getting the following error when I
modprobe snd-hda-intel immediately following a make install (or
following make install and reboot):

FATAL: Error inserting snd_hda_intel
(/lib/modules/2.6.20-16-generic/kernel/sound/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko):
Unknown symbol in
module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

This despite removing all modules starting with snd (although
snd-bt-sco seems to be part of something else) and rebooting multiple
times.

I do appreciate any other help you (Lee, or anyone else) can offer, as
I'm really out of ideas here!

Thanks,

Martin