Re: Configure problems for alsa-utils-1.0.4

On Thu, 31 May 2007 19:23:42 -0400
David Topper <topper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So I've managed to compile alsa-drivers-1.0.4 for ARM.  I can even
> load the modules.  I've also successfully compiled
> alsa-libs-1.0.4 ... but I had to do it on the board.  Cross compiling
> simply didn't seem to work.
>
> I've been using --prefix=/ and --exec-prefix=/ for configures.
>
> But when I do ./configure --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/ for
> alsa-utils-1.0.4 it fails with:
>
> checking for libasound headers version >= 0.9.0... not present.
> configure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found.
>
> But they're there, for sure.  Version 1.0.4.  But I want to make sure
> I have the flags set properly.  My /etc/ld.so.conf is set and I've
> re-run ldconfig.

The location of the headers might have changed between 0.9 and 1.0.  I
seem to recall reading that that was a major change.  The configure
script might be looking in the wrong place.  You can poke around on the
alsa web site in the developer materials, or ask on the alsa-devel list,
or check in the configure.m4(?) file to see where it is looking and
find out if that is the same place as a "find / -iname asound.h" comes
up with.  All of this is fuzzy as it is from memory, but you sound like
you're sophisticated enough to work around that.