Re: Critical Sound Problem - very deep level - help needed !

he wrote:

That is when working, my sound system suddenly fails, and starts to
produce noise. - the problem is so deep that even "init 6" - full
restart doesn't helps ! !

and:

I still hear that noise even in GRUB Bootloader, where should be no
sound at all ! ! !

so the problem starts in linux - and a simple reboot into linux does not solve
it.

That makes it a linux problem.

> > The sound is the result from running linux, so it is a linux problem.
>
> I am afraid that I disagree. It is a harware bug. Now Linux may trigger
> that bug. -- eg the LG CDRom drives which had a firmware bug in the command
> set which, contrary to their claim, would put the CD into the firmware
> rewrite mode when an innocuous ( according to their own specs) command was
> sent to it. That was a bug in firmware on the CDrom, even though that bug
> was triggered because Mandriva used that command.

But windows a) does not show that behaviour and b) loading the windows drivers
removes the noise.

That makes it a linux problem.

About the cdrom drives and Mandrake (back then they were still Mandrake):
Mandrake sent a badly defined command to a cdrom drive and turned it into a
brick. Yes, it was LGs fault at first, but since Mandrake turned the drive
into a brick and windows did not, it was a Mandrake problem.

> Again, almost certainly a hardware bug in the sound card.

that does only show up in linux..... so even if it is a hardware problem -
since windows can solve/workaround it and linux can't, it makes it a linux
problem.