Re: SoundBlaster Live 5.1

At Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:18:18 -0400,
Lee Revell wrote:

> On 4/16/07, Ingo Müller <alsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > The answer of your problem is softvol. Take a look at the wiki:
>
> No, the answer is to fix the driver, but none of the patches that have
> been posted to address this issue have been accepted.
>
> Takashi-san, can you explain again why none of the proposed solutions
> is acceptable?

The patch at that time didn't do only the necessary thing (make
"Master" as master) but adds more mixer elements.  That is, it will
give you (even more) finer controls and it's obviously too much for
normal users.

If someone sends me a patch just to fix "Master" control problem, then
I'm willing to apply it as soon as possible...

Takashi