5.1 capable USB (or Firewire) soundcards?

Can anyone recommend a USB (or Firewire) soundcard which is definitely
capable of 5.1 surround output?

After a lot of fiddling trying to make my onboard chip output 5.1
(hda-intel, AD1986A chip on Asus A8N-VM CSM motherboard) I'm finally
thinking of giving up on that and using an external card. The computer
in question has no free PCI slots.

The only real restrictions are that it can output 6 channels and has
decent sound quality. S/PDIF output, being powered over the USB bus and
  96/24 output would all be good but aren't essential.

The main ones I've considered so far are:

Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB MKII
http://sounduk.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=230

Turtle Beach Audio Advantage SRM
http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/audioadv/srm/producthome.asp

Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX
http://creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=205&product=9103

Soundblaster Live! 24-bit External
http://creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=206&product=10702

Can anyone with experience of these, or other similar cards, share their
experiences? If I have to buy another card I _really_ want it to just
work (tm)!

Cheers
-ol