restoring mixer settings, multiuser

Hi,

I work in an environment where many different people are sharing the same few systems for audio production.  We have a problem that the alsa mixer settings are always different between user accounts and seem to sometimes change randomly.

I have used 'alsactl store' to save the ideal settings but they are only reloaded when the computer boots.  I don't want users to have to manualy reload the settings so i thought about putting '/usr/sbin/alsactl restore' in everyone's .bash_profile but this doesn't seem to work.

What is the best way to make sure that everyone has the same mixer settings when they log in?

Any input is much appreciated.  Details about the system below.
Thanks,

OS: Fedora Core 3, 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.9rc1.
Compiled on Mar 22 2005 for kernel 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma.

All new Yahoo! Mail