Re: route plugin and spdif?

Ingo Müller wrote:
> Al McIntosh schrieb:
>
>> I am curious, does no one know whether route with ttable and dmix
>> plugins work with spdif? Or has this subject been beaten to death?
>>
>> Is there a more appropriate list to take this question?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Al
>>

> Hi!
>
> Just to asure you: this is the right list and I don't think, that this
> subject has been discussed too many times. I may be wrong, so having a
> look at the archive is worth a try:
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user
>
> The reason why nobody is answering, I suspect, is because nobody knows
> the answer or those who know don't care. Unfortunately, according to my
> experience, quite a lot of (non-trivial) questions remain unanswered...
>
> Good luck with your problem anyway :-)
>
> Regards, Ingo

Ingo,

    Thanks for the suggestion. The archives are one of the first places
I looked. However, I have been unable to find any detailed
documentation.  Pretty much all of the route plugin documentation I have
found is very high level involving asoundrc examples.  They were are all
great,  only problem is the only examples that include use of ttable
with spdif state this section of the configuration is untested or was
used with input not output :(

Thanks,
Al