Status of snd-hda-intel with Realtek ALC861 codec?

    I've been trying to fix the audio on my Lenovo n100, model 768 for a while.
I've seen a many suggestions such as patching the ACPI DSDT, adding module
parameters, etc, but so far nothing has worked, except turning off ACPI, which
also disables cpu scaling. I'm using kernel 2.6.20.3 with the 1.0.14rc1 drivers.
Can anyone verify that the hardware will work with my setup and if so how?

    If not, does anyone know if the custom ALSA 1.0.12 drivers (4.05f) that
Realtek provides work with my setup? If so I'll give that a try.