Re: hdsp won't work at 44.1/48k, but will work at 88.2/96 ?!

I've been using the hdsp+digiface/multiface for years now without
serious problems, mainly at 48k, never at higher rates.

That's all I want too, but all 8 channels!  I'm getting alot of overhead too operating at 88.2k.

Perhaps there
are problems with newer (firmware) versions of the card - I don't know.

I can only find one firmware updater on the RME website, which says that it will update the firmware to 15.2 , the newest version.  Is there an older firmware updater for the purpose of downgrading?

I can imagine several possible reasons for your xruns but I'm not an
alsa expert so maybe some/all of my ideas are wrong:

Can you think of any that would explain why I don't get  the xruns at 32k, 88.2k, and 96k?

4) Most important: Disable the 'precise pointer' option of the hdsp
driver if it is enabled:

I disabled this at your suggestion.  Would you mind explaining what 'precise pointer' does (wrong)?

Thanks for the help..

Rich

(In the following I assume your hdsp is the second card in the system,
therefore the -c 1. If it is your first card, use -c 0. Use
cat /proc/asound/cards to check)
Check if precise pointer is used:
  amixer -c 1 gset numid=22
and change its status to 'off'
  amixer -c 1 cset numid=22 0

5) Hardware that doesn't like the hdsp card? (the card bridge in the
laptop) Can you check on a different laptop? Does the card work under
windows?

6) If this doesn't help I'm out of ideas at the moment. But the hdsp
cards are known to give good results under linux.