Re: USB and 8000 Hz

Hi Michael Bourgeous!

 On 2007.02.13 at 15:14:40 -0700, Michael Bourgeous wrote next:

> > Hi everyone, I have managed to get my USB soundcard to work fine with
> > alsa-utils but unfortunately it is only possible to open it in 44100 and
> > 48000 Hz.
> >
> >  I wan't to be able to open it in 8000 Hz (natively), it would be perfect if
> > it supports both 8000 and 16000 natively. I know how to switch the rate in
> > asound.conf, but that wouldn't be native.
> >
> >  Does anyone now of an USB soundcard that supports 8000 Hz natively?

To answer original post: my M-Audio Audiophile USB seems to support that
output frequency, as well as any other (16000, 24000, 11050 etc). I.e.
it is possible to open "hw" device with that frequency, for example by
running jack with -r8000 parameter and it produces correct sound on
analog output.  However, 24000 seems to be lowest frequency that works
nicely on digital output; 16000 still works, but noticeable background
noise appears, and no sound at all is produced at 12000 and lower
frequencies. Though this may be my DAC limitation as well.

Note that Audiophile USB creates two devices that can be used
simultaneously, one for analog output, another one for digital.

--

Vladimir