Re: Deleting usb soundcard

Hi!

I think that playing mp3 or wav should not make a big difference.
However, Amarok has the ability play different sorts of sound sources on
different ALSA devices (normally, it depends on the number of channels
of the sound source, but who knows...).

The fact that the asoundrc file doesn't work may have been my fault. I
should have tested it because it doesn't work on my computer either :-/
Anyway, you can try this (worked for me):

pcm.!default {
	slave.pcm	"plughw:1,0"
}

This does nothing but create the alias "default" of the device
"plughw:1,0". As "default" is the default playback device of most
(unconfigured) applications, they should use the "plughw:1,0" device now
without the need of reconfiguration.

So everything you need to do is create an ~/.asoundrc file with the
above content and to make sure, that applications use the "default"
device (which is what they do by default).

I hope it works this time. Regards, Ingo