Re: Sound problems with snd-via82xx on Asus A8V-MX motherboard

Thanks Alberto - it's good to hear someone's got it working!

To check, I've loaded XP and get the same problem - but strangely if I
wire up the front audio connector (I've been using the sockets at the
rear as my case doesn't have any front audio connectors), they work
fine.  So I am re-loading Ubuntu in the hope that the front connector
will work on that too.

I can't see any jumpers, switches etc that would enable the rear audio
ports, so I guess it is a fault on the motherboard.  The machine has
only ever been used as a server, so I've never tested the audio before.