Re: M-Audio Revolutin 5.1

Lee Revell wrote:
> On 2/3/07, Josh <TwoOneSix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> when I
>> get
>> >>

>> > Driver support for the Revolution 5.1 is not the best due to lack of
>> > information from M-Audio.
>> >
>> > Try:
>> >
>> > $ iecset audio off
>> > $ aplay -Dspdif file.ac3
>> >
>> > If that fails please post the output of "iecset".
>> >
>> > Lee
>> OK, it didn't work. Here are some more details...
>> I have attached my asound.conf file.
>>

> Please use "-Dspdif" not "-Ddigital".  AC3 passthrough won't work with
> the plug layer.
>
> Also, aplay won't detect the file format.
>
> Try:
>
> $ aplay -D spdif -t raw -f dat file.ac3
>
> Lee

OK, I found a Revolution 7.1 card and it appears to be having the same
issues as the 5.1. I get the same result below when using the
asount.conf and also when I completely remove the asound.conf file.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
$ aplay -D spdif -t raw -f dat sample_track.ac3
Playing raw data 'sample_track.ac3' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate
48000 Hz, Stereo
aplay: set_params:904: Sample format non available
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is another test I did... although it appeared to be "playing" no
sound came from ym speakers.
$ aplay -D spdif -t raw -f S32_LE -c2 -r48000 sample_track.ac3
Playing raw data 'sample_track.ac3' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Rate
48000 Hz, Stereo
Aborted by signal Interrupt...

--
Josh