Mode: consumer
Data: non-audio
Rate: 44100 Hz
Copyright: protected
Emphasis: none
Category: general
Original: 1st generation
Clock: 1000 ppm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then, I did a:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
$ aplay -Ddigital bjorn_lynne-secret_world_\(surround_version\).ac3
Playing raw data 'bjorn_lynne-secret_world_(surround_version).ac3' :
Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
Aborted by signal Interrupt...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I heard no sound from my speakers and my digital receiver lit up the
COAX light, but didn't detect a signal. My receiver will play fine
hooked up to a stand alone DVD player and on a previous sound card when
it received a signal it didn't like it would show me a "DEC. ERROR"
which leads me to believe that the digital output never actually reaches
the receiver.
Finally, I did a:
$ iecset
Mode: consumer