Re: Anyone implemented AV in vis Alsa and RME equipment?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, ronan mcallister wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently discussed other topics (including RME) on this forum, related
> to prosound and DSP; here I want to focus a specific question I have about
> home hi-fi and theater.

HOME HI FI? I thought it was for large concert venues. In any home room,
the bass response craps out because of the size of the room. Ie, below
about 100 Hz the response is completely dominated by the room, and at 5Hz,
it is simply the pressure increase caused by the motion of the cone. ( and
how well air sealed the room is). Any kind of bass reflex, which is what
almost all bass speakers are has zero response at 5 Hz.

And a closed acoustic suspension is not much better.

> I'm using Suse 10.2 with RT kernel and I am considering the RME products
> (RME 9632 for instance).
>
> Regarding  one Windows XP "legacy" app I have -- WinAudioMLS pro;  I am
> leaning toward a RME if nothing else but for this card.
>
> Also, the RME has the subsonic capability (to 5Hz) which is what I need for
> both audio RTA and subsonic processing (if I can figure out what I need to
> do this).

I think maybe the key is why you want to do it.