Re: Anyone implemented AV in vis Alsa and RME equipment?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:23:05 -0800
"ronan mcallister" <bass.woofer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently discussed other topics (including RME) on this forum, related
> to prosound and DSP; here I want to focus a specific question I have about
> home hi-fi and theater.
>
> I'm using Suse 10.2 with RT kernel and I am considering the RME products
> (RME 9632 for instance).
>
> Regarding  one Windows XP "legacy" app I have -- WinAudioMLS pro;  I am
> leaning toward a RME if nothing else but for this card.
>
> Also, the RME has the subsonic capability (to 5Hz) which is what I need for
> both audio RTA and subsonic processing (if I can figure out what I need to
> do this).
>
> And RME seems to have quite a bit of Linux support.
>
> As well, the 9632 seems to have enough channels to do the job of surround
> sound 7.1.
>
> I'd love to hear from anyone who has implemented their 5.1 or 7.1 surround
> sound using a RME card!   As well, I'd welcome any news from folks using the
> RME card in Linux for multichannel SACD playback.
>
> I guess I'd need the extra I/O card to actually give me the discrete
> channels I'd need.
>
> Am I trying to do too much with Linux?
>
> thank you
> Ronan

Is there a computer drive which plays SACD disks ? For any OS ?
Aren't they encrypted/DRM'ed ?

Just wondering - never heard about such a thing.

Regards,
  Sergei.

P.S. Ronan, also curious, what is that 5Hz subsonic processing for ?
How is it supposed to affect human perception of sound ?

--
Visit my http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/ open source project.