Re: SBlive+PhoneUSB+Webcam

Le Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:35:53 +0100,Matteo Landi <matteo.landi@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> hi all here is my problem..> i've got these three sound devices.. but everytime i turn on my pc, all> the sound is sent to the usb-phone, so i have to digit sudo alsaconf in> order to set the right output device, and then to load the snd-usb-audio> for the phone and the cam..> At you get the emu as first sound card when running one more time alsaconf meanat udev is loading the snd-usb-audio module before alsasound when booting. Butit is not normal at the snd-usb.audio just disappear the second time. You mustdouble check your config.
> a possible solution could be to turn on the pc, with those usb> peripheals unplugged, but i think is a bit boring doing it all the time> (it's also boring alsaconfing on each shutdown)> > So i googled a bit, and found some solutions like> editing /etc/modprobe.d/sound to set a priority order like this> > alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1> options snd-emu10k1 index=0> > alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio> options snd-usb-audio index=1> > alias snd-card-2 snd-usb-audio> options snd-usb-audio index=2> > but with no results..> > Another way was to append to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base> > options snd-usb-audio index=-2> > but also that with no results..> > in the end..i tryed the official how2 for multiple usb device,
Which one? From alsa or your distribution? For multi usb devices or multi usbaudio devices?
>but when> i end editing the /etc/modules.conf, everything turns as before..> Did you run update-modules?
I suppose at you are on debian, maybe at a debian user know more as me aboutthe specific debian configuration. The problem here is at each distribution haveits own way to do the alsa configuration and at most distributions don't haveany multi sound cards config doc (and it must be reported as a bug becausemultimedia is becoming a very important part of the computer experience).
> so i'm here asking you for a solution> tnx in advance> M@> It is not the first time at this problem come on the list and it will be greatif we can solve it. According to some not so old responds, it is 2 ways to dothat, at the system level as you are doing or at the user level as gnome isdoing.
I personally think at the right solution for most of multi sound cardsconfiguration is a mix of both ways.
First, get the system to load the sound cards in a given order. Settingsin /etc/modules.d or whatever your distribution is using must be able todo that. If not, it is a bug and must be reported to your distribution.
Second, let the user change it if he want to. For what I know, Gnome can dothat but I don't use it. And the other wm cannot do that. So here it will begreat if a gnome user explain how he adapt the cards order to his need, andif someone can explain how to do that with the other wm.
If we succeed, it will be great to incorporate the result of this thread inthe alsa documentation.
Cheers,Dominique
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of ITJoin SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share youropinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cashhttp://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV_______________________________________________Alsa-user mailing listAlsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user