Re: Problems with US Robotics usb phone

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:14:37 -0800 (PST)
Bill Unruh <unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Michele Bonera wrote:
>
> > Hi All.
> >
> > I recently bought an US Robotics usb phone. The name of the phone is "USB
> > Internet Mini Phone" and the model is 9602.
> >
> > When I plug the phone to my notebook, the usb audio module is loaded correctly
> > and everything lets you think it works because you can find it in the "audio
> > cards" list in skype (for example).
> >
> > But it doesn't work!
> >
> > If you try to play a sound using asound, the result is:
> >
> > [root@bellatrix:~]# aplay -D hw:1,0 /usr/share/sounds/pop.wav
> >
> > Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/pop.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate
> > 44100 Hz, Mono
> > aplay: set_params:901: Channels count not available
>
> Could be that you are trying to play a stereo (2 channel) .wav file over a
> mono device. I would strongly suspect a phone to be a mono device.
>

> > I really like to use that phone: can someone help me?
> >
> > Thank in advance for all your answers.

If the assumption (mono <-> stereo) is correct, the message

aplay: set_params:901: Channels count not available

manifests a bug.

For the case of mono <-> stereo the message should be something
like this:

Error - too many (2) channels in input stream, the card supports only 1 channel.

Regards,
  Sergei.

--
Visit my http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/ open source project.