chorus and reverb with emu10k1 (or effect like "Concert hall")

Hello, everybody

I need help with my Sound Blaster Live. I bought a midi master keyboard and I want to use my sound-card as a synthesizer. All works fine with aconnect (for connecting keyboard to wavetable synthesis on SB) and asfxload (for loading soundfonts), but I can't set chorus and reverb. Without this sounds all soundfonts not well. I tried to set chorus with "asfxload -c100 font.sf2" (this do nothing) and "asfxload --chorus=100 font.sf2" (writes an error: asfxload: unrecognized option `--chorus=90') and then I tried to use emu-tools. I have Slackware 10.1, kernel 2.4.22, alsa 1.0.8 and emu-tools 0.9.4. But emu-dspmgr writes only SOUND_MIXER_PRIVATE3: You're probably using an older incompatible driver: Input/output error. I found that it works with the old emu10k1 driver for OSS (but not very well), but not with alsa...

So my question is: Can I get from my SoundBlaster Live the chorus and reverb effects (with alsa)? I need it for wavetable synthesis, so I can't use software effect generators (like ecasound). The best option would be some effect like "Arena" or "Concert hall" in Creative Launcher on Windows...

Thank you very much for all your response.

Lukas Rydlo

(I'm very sorry for my poor english ;-))