Re: ALSA can only use default - Not hw:0,0 hw1,0 etc.

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:41:04 -0500
Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just use default:X where X is the card number (0 or 1).

You are right. That seems to work best (for output, that is).
Although mplayer does not accept it (plain 'default' still works though).
Other programs will accept a card number, not a name (mhwaveedit).
MPD, fortunately, works like a charm with this syntax. Even mixing works (I have never before been able to get that right).

I use .asoundrc for spdif-out:
pcm.TP22spdif {
type plug
slave.pcm "hw:0,1"
}
Without it (plughw:0,1) the signal is ok, but 'cannot be copied'.

For recording spdif-in I still use 'plughw:0,1'. Perhaps it is the only way, I don't know.

Advice is most welcome.

Thanks again,

--
Johan Spee

Plain text email and 'jayes' in the subject line
will get you round my spam filters.