Re: E-MU 1212m ADC capture

nick thomas wrote:
> Hi! I'm using an E-MU 1212m card with ALSA. I'm using Linux 2.6.19.1
> (vanilla), and alsa-driver 1.0.14rc1. The DAC and MIDI ports work.
> However, I can't seem to get the ADC to work; it just records silence.
> All volume levels are unmuted and turned up. Is this expected
> behavior? If not, any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

The alsamixer controls are setup to defaults for the E-MU 1820m.
Both the E-MU 1212m and the E-MU 1820m use the same 1010 PCI card.
Find the mixer controls (They are currently on the playback view in
alsamixer but will be moving to the capture view just as soon as I have
time to implement the change in alsamixer):
DSP 0 Capture Enum
DSP 1 Capture Enum

They will default to:
Dock Mic A (The Dock is short for AudioDock, the external breakout box
of the 1820m)
Dock Mic B

Change them to:
0202 ADC Left
0202 ADC Right

The 0202 is written on the PCI card with the analog inputs on the E-MU
1212m.

It is good to here that you have the DAC and MIDI working. I have not
tested the MIDI functionality yet.

James