Re: Sound problem with intel ICH7 (Notebook ASUS A8Jp)

?????? ?????????? schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I've installed OpenSUSE 10.2 x86-64 on my notebook. But have problem
> with sound.
> Card detected properly and kernel module loaded. But i can hear sound
> only once when kde started or after restart of alsa. When i restart
> sound system with YAST i can test sound and i hear sound. But if i
> change any mixer setting there is no more sound after it. Practically i
> can hear sound only once after restart sound system.
>
> I've checked all mixers setting and all fine.
> I've installed 1.0.14rc1 driver,libs,utils and setup my card with

have you already tried this?
(listed steps are for gentoo so you may need to adapt them to your
distribution)

1. add to  /etc/modules.d/alsa
     options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 model=3stack

2. modules-update
3. restart alsa init script
     /etc/init.d/alsa restart

reference: http://www.rothlaender.net/a8js.htm