Re: Sound problem with intel ICH7 (Notebook ASUS A8Jp)

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:51:54 +0300
?????? ?????????? <absorbb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've installed OpenSUSE 10.2 x86-64 on my notebook. But have problem
> with sound.
> Card detected properly and kernel module loaded. But i can hear sound
> only once when kde started or after restart of alsa. When i restart
> sound system with YAST i can test sound and i hear sound. But if i
> change any mixer setting there is no more sound after it. Practically i
> can hear sound only once after restart sound system.
>
> I've checked all mixers setting and all fine.
> I've installed 1.0.14rc1 driver,libs,utils and setup my card with
> instruction
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Intel&card=ICH+southbridge+HD-audio+and+modem.&chip=ICH6%2C+ICH6M%2C+ICH7%2C+ESB2&module=hda-intel
> but have same result.
> Thanks!

Are you a member of 'audio' group ?
What mixer did you use - was it 'kmix' (the KDE one) or 'alsamixer' ?

I needed to include myself into 'audio' group in order to get normal
sound behavior - this is typical.

--Sergei.

--
Visit my http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/ open source project.