Re: ALSA on FC6

if you installed new drivers, you changed kernel modules that fedora
installed through the kernel package itself.
So, at least, to come back to your old version you can pick up the
kernel you are using, or better if this is not the latest you can pick
up the latest one kernel-2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
and install it.
If you have not the latest one installed, upgrade it besides the old
one, downloading it or upgrading via yum.
Otherwise if you already had the latest one, you have to download the
rpm and run

rpm -Uvh --force kernel-2.6.18-1.2849.fc6.i686.rpm

and this will replace your modified
/lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2849.fc6/kernel/sound/pci/ca0106/snd-ca0106.ko
file or whatever driver is for your card with the original fc6 one
probably before doing this you can remove the alsa related modules
and after do a "depmod -a" and you can have modifications without reboot.
For the microphone is another matter...
HIH
Gianluca